Cloud computing offers many benefits and there is a growing number of vendors out there – but how do you tell if the cloud provider you are considering is actually a good fit?
When choosing a cloud provider, you want to make sure you select a business that you can depend on for a long time. A cloud provider should be able to explain in detail how it will address the security, privacy and compliance needs of its customers. Here are a few easy-to-ask questions that can help make sure you and your service provider are on the same page when moving resources to the cloud:
- Do you provide operational transparency?
- How secure is your cloud?
- Where is your data center and how safe is it?
- What customer support services do you offer?
- How easy is it to move my workloads into and out of your cloud?
- Will you let us know if our data is compromised?
- How flexible is your cloud
- How will I access my data and applications?
Data and IT are the lifelines of your organization. So before diving in head-first into the Cloud, take the time to do your research, and find out the answers to these questions. In doing so, you’ll find the best match Cloud provider for you, and be able to fully realize all the benefits the Cloud has to offer. With the right provider, you’ll be wondering why you hadn’t made the move sooner.