Real Clients, Real Success Stories
- Recent acquisition, need for scalability
- Productivity and collaboration pains between growing number of locations across the country
- Difficulty keeping up with DFARs compliance across multiple businesses
- Complex IT needs for a variety of jobs, including CAD and CAM programming
“We’ve been with Avatara for 10 years and they’ve really helped us with cybersecurity compliance and most recently with the COVID-19 pandemic. Our new owners even picked them up and have integrated CompleteCloud into all of our sites. I’ve been working remotely for over 6 weeks and it’s been very easy and have had robust access to all my data and applications – even MetalMax!”
EVP & Chief Engineer
The manufacturing company’s IT infrastructure had a long list of issues:
Click Here For The Issues
- Outdated hardware
- Patchwork network
- Part-time/non-skilled IT support
- Expensive external IT consultants
- No backup
- No off-site storage
- No disaster recovery
- Compliance and audit concerns
“Our IT just works, it is reliable and secure and allows us to run our business effectively. I am a financially driven business owner and I have done cost comparisons 4-5 times over the last twelve years; I cannot find a more cost-effective solutions.”
With 20+ years of experience in the civil engineering industry and multiple awards as one of the best and fastest-growing engineering firms in the region… the firm faced serious IT constraints. Soon the inevitable happened – their server crashed, leaving their IT system down for three days, heavily impacting the firm’s productivity.
After reviewing the recommendations and receiving a compelling reference from one of our current clients, the firm was very impressed with the benefits CompleteCloud offered in a cost-effective package. A cost-benefit analysis between other cloud computing vendors and the CompleteCloud solution convinced the company’s president, that this was the best option.
- Complex IT environment
- 30 Terabytes of data, costing thousands of dollars in back up annually
- Over 100 employees, including remote users
- 5 different locations in different states
- Critical need for CAD app accessibility and high performance, from anywhere (especially during COVID-19)
“I’ve watched my wife (and others) struggle accessing their corporate networks via VPN and truly appreciate the ease that CompleteCloud gives me to our network. I have experienced no downtime or lag and in the 3 weeks we’ve been working from home. In addition, access to the network has been without issue. As someone who has always been a bit of a skeptic working in this fashion, count me as a convert. I truly appreciate the flexibility. Doubly so watching friends struggle day after day with more traditional IT configurations.”
A local bank has been providing quality banking services to the St. Louis area since 2005, but were quickly outgrowing their in-house IT.
- Needed a hardware refresh
- Time consuming Disaster Recovery
- Cyber Security concerns
- IT personnel weren’t dedicated IT
- Compliance and auditing concerns
- Lack of secure mobility
“Switching to CompleteCloud has completely transformed the security of our network and allocation of internal resources. With data now in secure data enters, it makes is easier to stay in compliance with all of the regulatory guidelines surrounding information security.”
AVP Compliance Manager
This financial services company was founded because they saw a need to help small buy-here, pay-here dealers as well as large auto finance companies increase recoveries, while reducing overhead. They have always met the industry standards for cybersecurity, but last year wanted to ensure that they were far beyond those standards. To enhance the cybersecurity of their business they chose to move their IT system to Avatara’s private cloud environment, CompleteCloud.
- Private Cloud – Moving their IT systems into secure SSAE 18 data centers eliminates the opportunity for bots to get into their data by removing unneeded ports. These data centers provide server and edge firewalls with intrusion detection to help continually protect data.
- Internal Protection – Included with CompleteCloud is a secure web filtering system called Cisco’s Umbrella and it prevents their systems from being affected by malware and phishing attempts.
- Multifactor Authentication – We added remote security logins to confirm that only the company’s approved personnel have access to customer information. Even if someone was able to steal a computer, they would have no way to access the data.
- Security Operation Center (SOC) – Alert Logic, continually monitors their network traffic for any unknown threats and analyzes all the data it collects to better identify potential risks later on. Alert Logic also utilizes a 24/7 SOC with GIAC expert analysts that constantly look for suspicious activity, providing comprehensive protection.
“We wanted best in class security and CompleteCloud provided that and allowed the scalability we need to have a national reach. We take the security of our client’s data seriously and CompleteCloud bolsters our cybersecurity, so it surpasses all industry standards.” – President
An independent oncology practice with multiple locations throughout St. Louis came to Avatara in 2016 when the interpretation of the HIPAA guidelines solidified, and their HIPAA consultant was pushing them to have a more secure infrastructure. Their primary concern was to their patients and ensuring their information was protected and they needed a way to not only protect their patient health information, but also provide documentation for their HIPAA audits.
“CompleteCloud allows us to spend our time and attention with our patients and not worrying about our computers and data security. We know that Avatara will continue to adjust and secure our infrastructure to meet the latest HIPPA guidelines as well as keep us secure from attacks.”
- The practice turned to CompleteCloud with a Managed Security platform layered in.
- They now have historical window and network log reports, centralized data so no Protected Health Information (PHI) is on nurse’s laptops, increased firewall protection, and a low surface area of attack.
- On top of that, CompleteCloud deploys high level of physical and electronic security via its Private Cloud environment surpassing their HIPAA audit requirements.
- The practice is now in a position to meet their industry requirements as well as safeguard patient info.
- They are not only equipped with best practice security infrastructure, but they are also provided with quarterly compliance reporting coupled with third party penetration testing.
- The CompleteCloud managed security solution is equipped with 24/7 security operations center that provides recommendations around potential threats.
As the largest privately-owned primary care network in South Carolina grew, their unscalable IT model became a crushing monthly IT expense. Even worse, when the model reached capacity, they had a massive IT capital expense to grow any further. With the growth, their support only became worse, averaging over 60 open tickets by the end of each day with long resolution times.
“One of the best solutions for practice IT…A solid IT system can not only strengthen the quality of care you provide to your patients, but can also expedite your processes and systems.”
- With CompleteCloud, the client found a scalable IT model that eliminated their capital expense and improved their IT support.
- For new locations, they now have a lowered barrier-to-entry and no fear of surprise IT expenses due to the model’s scalable nature.
- Instead of waiting long periods for support, their staff has access to a real technician, averaging 9/10 times within 5 minutes. Lastly, 90% of tickets are resolved in 30 minutes.
- Since migration, the client has been able to grow all over the state of South Carolina.
- At migration time, they had around 35 locations and 600 employees. Two years later, they employ almost 1,000 in 50 locations all over the state. An unrealistic growth rate without CompleteCloud.
- Employees now have access to reliable support and report a massive increase in system performance.
The architecture firm had been providing architecture services throughout the state of Indiana since 1937, but were beginning to experience productivity issues caused by the following:
Click Here For The Issues
- Outdated hardware
- Mobility and Remote Users
- Compliance Reporting
- Plans for adding multiple sites
- Growing storage needs
- Heavy AutoCAD & Revit use on older systems
- 13 TB of just Lidar data
“Despite all of the [COVID-19] quarantine stuff, last month was one of the best months we have ever had. This was due in no small part to Avatara. We would not have been able to remain billable without CompleteCloud! Your helpdesk has been outstanding helping us navigate from home during this last month and it’s much appreciated by all!”
While ahead of the curve in educational standards, this school had suffered from using outdated technology that would be expensive to upgrade. They lacked several components to help the school and its staff function more efficiently:
Click Here For The Components
- A shared file storage system for all business and education documents
- A modern education registrar system and database
- Remote access to technology
- A disaster recovery plan
“We made a strategic decision to move onto CompleteCloud and start leveraging technology instead of being frustrated by it. That decision, along with the hard work of the staff and the support and patience of our families in the aftermath of this fire, has led to this tremendous success story.”
Head of School
The distribution company had outgrown their current support model and needed a solution that scaled as they continued to grow.
They had an internal IT manager and were outsourcing portions of their IT as well. As they grew, they’re IT was unable to handle the growth and performance was affected.
In addition, they also had aging hardware that needed to be refreshed.
The property management company grew from a husband and wife team to an 80-plus employee enterprise with multiple companies. Despite employing a full-time IT manager along with expensive, contract management services, they were plagued by regular crashes and incompatibility problems that seriously affected their productivity.
“We are now saving more than $2,400 a month on our IT. Insurance, property tax, and electricity are all now significantly reduced in cost. With these savings, we can continue to grow as well as better serve our clients and customers.”
With over 30 years of experience, this commercial real estate group is the largest firm in their field within the country.
Various pains began to emerge from the rapid growth of the company growing to 20 locations from New York to Southern California. They began to outgrow their current IT provider of over 10 years. They had over 200 users and a home-grown GIS platform using Citrix, which was both costly and hard to scale.
“Within five minutes of testing a CompleteCloud virtual machine and a high-end Graphic Systems we realized that it was substantially more powerful and reliable than the GIS Citrix system that we had built internally. Since day one after migration, our employees using GIS & CAD have never been more productive.”
Director of Innovation & Technology