Founded in 2005, Avatara is now a leading national cloud computing technology platform provider. We develop, deliver, and support the technology companies need to conduct secure and productive business. As our St. Louis-based company continues to grow, we are seeking local team members to grow with us.
Field Technicians provide customer on-site support post new client implementation and existing client escalation by performing the following duties.
- Performs technical support including installation, repair, or maintenance tasks of Avatara provided hardware.
- Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Keeps record of system issues and resolutions for each dispatch.
- Provides highest level of customer service to clients.
- Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Consults with senior peers on certain projects and provides daily reports to management.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: General Microsoft knowledge, networking, and infrastructure.
Travel Requirements: This position will require travel to client locations locally and throughout the country 100% of the time, Friday through Tuesday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders to access cabling.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.