- As a self-hosted solutions, clients’ data never leaves our data center walls, which allows for ITAR compliance.
- No specific file size limitation. Share large GB size files with users inside and outside your organization.
- Clients can send large files by email or conduct a secure file transfer
- Built-in Document Preview and Quick Editing of Documents from the web browser simplify collaboration.
- Alert users in shared folders when files or folders are changed, to keep everyone on the same page with real-time collaboration.
- Integrates with your CompleteCloud network shares via active directory.
- Create a public or a fully private share to files where clients can exchange business files with other clients easily and securely.
- Limit the maximum number of downloads for a shared file, automatically expire a share after a certain time, anonymous file uploads, prevent downloads, integrate file uploads with your website and more.
- Custom corporate branding
- Desktop tools and mobile apps
- Plugin for Outlook
- Mobile App - iOS, Android, Windows Phone
- Access via web browser
- Remotely wipe or block mobile devices to prevent unauthorized access.
- Partner Cost = $7.00 per user
- Retail Cost = $8.00 per user
- Minimum of 5 users per client
- Billing will be rolled as CCfileshare total charge
We are implementing a new user billing cutoff date of the 10th of the month. This will allow sufficient time for the various billing cycles that need to occur around the 15th. Please notify your clients that all adds, deletes, or changes that would affect billing that happen prior to the 10th of the month will appear on the next month's invoice. Changes after the 10th will show up on the following month’s bill. There is definitely a win some lose some condition at play here, so it is important that your clients understand the new cutoff date.
We have updated our policy on billing new clients. Partners will now receive an invoice during migration which will be for Month 1 based on contracted amount, and we will use actual user counts starting in Month 2. The goal is to collect Month 1 (or prorated Month 1) prior to going into Migration weekend or at the very least by the 15th of the month of service. Also, because the billing amount is known by the partner at the date of contract signing, they can bill for Month 1 at any time, and do not have to wait for us to get actual user counts.
When considering a transition to the cloud, it's important to know what questions to ask and what information to convey to your potential hosting provider in order to make your move as seamless and smooth as possible. However, many businesses start using cloud services without having an adequate understanding of their data needs, budgetary resources or the ability of a specific cloud provider to meet business needs. Follow these practical tips to find yourself on your way to the cloud:
Despite the rapid adoption of cloud computing in government, business and our social lives, there are so many misconceptions concerning what it is and what it does. When technology is understood, the benefits begin to outweigh the negatives. Cloud services can mean different things to different people. Here are four cloud computing myths:
Cloud computing seems to be the trending topic in the corporate world. Whoever hasn’t implemented this solution yet is probably thinking of doing so in the near future. No wonder organizations who have no plans to move to the cloud feel left out!
In recent years, cloud computing has proven to be a powerful tool for businesses looking to increase their productivity. To that end, developers are constantly adapting applications, software and other computer solutions in order to allow for cloud integration. Servers are no exception, which is why we now have cloud servers. Simply put, these are servers that run in a cloud computing environment and operate independently as software units, eliminating the necessity of centrally-installed software.
A cloud application is essentially a program that’s cloud-based and allows end users to access a network, usually the Internet or a virtual workstation. In comparison to desktop apps and web apps, cloud application’s advantage relies on the fact that it offers the best of both worlds – fast responsiveness, interactivity and easy access via the Internet. This gives users increased flexibility, allowing them to perform at a higher level and potentially improve efficiency.
Have you ever wondered how much companies spend every year on their traditional in-house IT infrastructures? What about the companies that are experiencing growth? How much is their IT budget scaling in order for their IT systems to keep up with the increased capacity?